The Office of Medical Faculty Affairs is committed to creating and supporting an environment in which faculty members flourish and achieve their careers goals and full professional potential. Our faculties have clinical, educational, and research roles that support current compassionate medical care as well as provide for the future of medicine through training and research. Our support of our faculty allows them to fulfill the mission of improving the health of our patients and populations.
Our vision for Medical Faculty Affairs at University of Miami Miller School of Medicine is to:
- Create a patient center focus on high health care for our patients and communities – Specific goals are to facilitate seamless, individualized, “best” care for our patients
- Support the career development, skills and professional fulfillment of our faculty – Specific goals are to nurture, empower, appreciate and fulfill our faculty
- Support the dedication of our staff to their individual “mission” or calling – Specific goals are to recognize and foster deep commitment to our jobs and foster “peace” within our chosen roles.
- Facilitate team building and communication within and between our many disciplines – Specific goals are to foster holistic, multidisciplinary care for our patients as well as a cooperative team of workers in which is the sum is greater than its parts.
- Impact patient care, communication and cooperation on our campus.
- Impact the health systems beyond out campus through our work in our local communities as well as our impact on the larger health care community through our nationally recognized research, education and clinical programs.
In Attaining out vision, we will maintain the following values
- Respect diversity in our faculty, staff, trainees, patients, and their families.
- Ensure integrity, accountability, honesty, truthfulness and open communication in all we do.
- Uphold professional standards and in ethics in the delivery of services.
- Foster a creative work environment that values work as well as humor.
- Encourage teamwork, internal and external collaboration and cooperation.
- Respect confidentially and privacy of our faculty, staff, trainees, patients and their families.